ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Naturopathic Corner

The Naturopathic Corner This forum contains posts relating to natural and alternative therapies, general nutrition and nutritional therapies, supplementation and more.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:21 PM

Default Formula 303

It's a natural muscle relaxer. Has anyone here tried it?
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany
Old 06-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Administrator

No, pls tell us how you heard of it. I like the ingredients:

Valerian Root (Valeriana officinalis) - used for centuries to calm upset nerves and for treating mood problems, pain and headache. Today homeopaths and herbalists use Valerian root for its antispasmodic, calmative, tranquilizing, carminative (good for upset stomach and digestion) and pain relieving effects.

Passion Flower (Passiflora incarnata) - discovered in 1569 it is primarily used as a sedative or nervine to combat excess nervousness and anxiety, to tranquilize, and to promote sleep; as an anodyne, anti-spasmodic and anti-convulsant to treat dysmenorrhea, muscle cramps, and so forth.

Magnesium - is one of the most important essential minerals to promote proper nerve function. It is a key element in the stabilization of nerve cells, without which, the nerves would be in a constant state of excitation (a state known as tetany.).
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 06-12-2015, 09:40 PM

Default a prior patient and forum member

She was a patient of Dr. Bertagnoli's and she is many years post op; one of his success stories, thankfully. I was updating her on my surgery progress and she suggested it. Since I hadn't heard of it before, wondered if anyone else here had tried it. I am going to get some and see if it helps.
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
Old 06-12-2015, 10:06 PM

Cheryl, FYI, the ingredients in the bottle are not expensive and yet the blend you mentioned is quite pricey IMO. It jumped out at me so, I thought I would share my knowledge on this stuff.

Valerian Root is something I have always had in my medicine cabinet for 25 years. It is something that I use for insomnia or stress so, I am never without it. It's an herb that is quite versatile and is sometimes found combined with B Complex for stress. Magnesium Complex from Nature's Way "Citrate Blend" is what I use also at night. I take two. This is the type of Magnesium that helps with constipation. Lastly Passion Flower, is also inexpensive ($2.79). So, try out the Formula 303 and if you like it, you'll know the combination works for you. If you want to save money, you might want to buy the Swanson Label of the two herbs and the Nature's Way bottle for the Magnesium and just buy them separately. I would also recommend a good B Complex. I just buy the one from Trader Joe's.

The other thing that I noticed on the label of Formula 303 is that they say it's homeopathic but, it is an herbal combination, not a homeopathic from what I can see without looking closer at the bottle. Besides, homeopathics are taken without food 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after.

I buy many of my supplements from Swanson's because the quality is good and the price is reasonable. Since herbs and vitamins are not controlled, it's important to find a source you can trust. I've used their products for many years.

"passion flower premium" - Swanson Health Products
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016
Old 06-12-2015, 11:03 PM

Default Valerian Root

I forgot to mention that for some people I have known over the years, Valerian Root when taken after drinking alcohol at night has actually had the opposite effect. It kept them awake instead of helping them to sleep so, I make sure I don't take it shortly after drinking some wine. I have no idea why this is and perhaps it is just the sugar from the alcohol and not the Valerian Root but, I think it's best to not combine.

All herbs as with drugs work uniquely with each person. For example, I prefer a Goldenseal Root tincture and Colloidal Silver for helping to fight off an infection versus taking Echinacea. I keep both in my medicine cabinet! You just have to figure out what works for you through trial and error. Using a reputable brand that has lots of good reviews helps to narrow it down. Hope this information helps.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016
Old 01-17-2016, 02:44 PM

Default Health food stores

We have a Sprouts here, but you can probably find a similar product at Whole Foods as well. It's a proprietary blend of anti inflammation herbs; called Infla-Calm. I started taking 4 pills a day with the first bottle, three a day with the second, and now I take two a day always. 30 day supply for $20. I will admit; a fews time a week I still take Aleve or Advil just as an added bonus to keep H.O. at bay.