ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:44 AM

Default I also gave a testimony

My surgeon Dr. Richard Wohns called me a few months ago and asked me if I would speak to LDR as well. A representative called me and we had a lengthy conversation about my story, a lot of which was my insurance denial and the hardship that placed on me and my family. He then submits the information to LDR but also local News Broadcasters to see if they are interested in making a story out of it. I haven't been contacted by any news sources as of now.

Even though I am having issues just 8 months post op, I stand behind the idea of getting my story out there so we can bring light to the unjust insurance industry...some approve, some dont...in my case with Aetna, they were approving patients for the same surgery within the same Surgical Center, as close as a month to my surgery with, after 8 months and 3 appeals was denied. I chose to fight and wait it out as hard as it was in hopes to pave a path for patients behind me. Everything we do should be progress for others, good or bad, or it's just futile, IMHO.
MRI 6/5/14- Ruptured L4-5, bulge at L2-3 and L5-S1 Dr recommends discectomy of L4-5 but won't do surgery until cervical is stable
8/2014- 8 months/3 rounds of appeals, Aetna denies 2 level cervical ADR
2 level ADR w/ mobi-c C5-7 Jan 7, 2015